FMC Corporation is one the world’s leading specialty chemical companies. We are proud that our chemistries are helping to grow the world’s food, enabling new innovations in the pharmaceutical delivery, enhancing foods and beverages, contributing to a more sustainable energy supply, improving health, and advancing the manufacture of hundreds of essential products.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. In short, If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
The Western Canadian technical sales manager is responsible for technical support and development work on registered compounds. This person reports to The Country Head for Canada and works closely with Product Development manager, Western Sales manager and Marketing Manager. This person will also work closely with key influential industry personnel, such as grower groups and organizations as well as University and Government extension personnel. This person will also work closely with other internal stakeholders such as Account managers and Regulatory managers to ensure products are correctly positioned and meet all regulatory requirements when being promoted to our customers. The training presentations, localized sales tools, and complaints flow through the TSM.
– Develop, implement & supervise a field research program to expand labels of registered products and develop/summarize information for marketing and sales purposes.
– Maintain strong technical knowledge of commercial, new chemistries & other technology impacting the business
– Develop, execute & supervise appropriate support activities aligned with key initiatives as outlined in the TSM’s BPI’s & Goals
– Manage technical expense, service to sales dollars & product demo budget consistent & aligned with key regional initiatives
– Manage and execute the FRP program and protocols on an annual basis.
– Provide technical product training & give regional guidance on complaint handling.
– Develop various training modules & take the lead in providing technical consulting & training to internal & external groups. Special attention needs to focused on new product launches & leading the technical transfer of information to Account Managers & key customer groups.
– Continue to strengthen the communication between other regional technical support groups and internal functional groups.
– BS Agricultural science plus 3 years experience in technical support, selling chemical crop protection
– MS – Agricultural related, 1 year experience in technical support and development of agricultural products
– Strong people and interpersonal skills
– Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
– Effective computer utilization skills
– Experience with data handling and summarization
– Have working knowledge of current ag customers and market place conditions
– Experience with crop protection product regulatory process
– Strong background in agriculture including knowledge of disease, weed and insect pests of field crops.
FMC employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. FMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. FMC supports a drug-free workplace.